At the press conference held in Prijedor at 9 p.m. the Coalition for Free and Fair Elections “Pod lupom” informed the public about the voting process until 7 p.m., closing of the polls, voter turnout, and the preliminary results for the election of City Mayor of the City of Prijedor.
The voting process irregularities observed by the Coalition’s observers include a voter casting several ballot papers in a voting box at the polling station 009B063, one person was repeatedly allowed to vote on behalf of several persons at the polling station 009B035, and at the polling station 009B007 one person voted multiple times.
At 50.4% of the polling stations, the observers registered up to ten cases of family voting. In addition, at 63.5% of the polling stations, there were cases of voters being turned away from a polling station because they were not on the excerpt of the Central Voter’s Register (up to ten cases of this type of irregularity).
At the polling stations 009B062 and 009B028 there was open inducement of voters to vote for a certain political subject. Almost every fourth polling station (24.3%) had at least one case where one person assisted several voters to vote in a voting booth.
Up to ten cases of voting without prescribed identification were registered at 9.6% of the polling stations.
The measures to prevent the spreading of Covid-19 were not applied at 10.4% of the polling stations.
The long presence of unauthorized persons in a polling station disturbing the voting process was registered at three polling stations. 009B007, 009B062, and 009B067.
At eight polling stations, written complaints or objections were filed by the observers of the election process.
Closing of the polling stations
The polling stations closed according to the regulations. All polling stations were closed by 7:15 p.m. The voters that were outside the polling station at 7 p.m. were allowed to cast their votes. At three polling stations (009B069, 009B083, 009B084), not all members of the polling station committees were present at the closing of the polling station.
Pod lupom monitors the information on voter turnout. The recorded turnout until 7 p.m. in the early elections in Prijedor was at 30.5 % (with a margin of error of +/- 4,2 % on a 99% confidence interval.
Preliminary results of the elections
The preliminary data on the results of the voting for City Mayor of Prijedor in the observed polling stations shows the following:
- MLADEN UNIJAT (INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE 1.65% (0.64% MoE)
- DANIJEL SIMATOVIĆ (INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE) 0.09% (0.07% MoE)
- SLOBODAN JAVOR (SNSD) 53.33% (3.19% MoE)
- ZORAN GRBIĆ (OTADŽBINSKA STRANKA – HOMELAND PARTY) 0.14% (0.07% MoE)
- DANIJELA ĐURIĆ (LIJEVO KRILO- LEFT WING) 0.13% (0.07% MoE)
- MARKO KAURIN (KRUG- CIRCLE) 0.04% (0.04% MoE)
- VJEKOSLAV KRNETA (INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE) 0.06% (0.05% MoE)
- SLAĐANA RADAKOVIĆ (INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE) 3.06% % (0.57% MoE)
- ZLATKO JOSIĆ (DEMOCRATIC CENTER OF REPUBLIKA SRPSKA) 0.11% (0.09% MoE)
- SAŠA STUPAR (INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE) 0.18% (0.08% MoE)
- GORAN PREDOJEVIĆ (FOR OUR PRIJEDOR – DNS, SDS, PDP) 40.93% (3.00% MoE)
- MILOŠ JANJETOVIĆ (RE-BALANS- RE-BALANCE) 0.04% (0.04% MoE)
- LIDIJA RADIĆ (SNS FBIH – SAMO NAJBOLJI IDU NAPRIJED-ONLY THE BEST MOVE FORWARD) 0.14% (0.07% MoE)
- ILIJA MAMIĆ (RADNIČKA PARTIJA – WORKERS’ PARTY) 0.09% (0.08% MoE)
The information about the entire election process of the election day, determination of the election day results, and the preliminary assessment of the early elections in Prijedor will be published in a press release tomorrow (December 13, 2021) at 11 a.m. on the Coalition’s webpage www.podlupom.org.